free website stats program Runs A Bit Cooler: Cheap Trick | Harley Davidson Forums

Runs A Bit Cooler: Cheap Trick

BlaineG

Once again, prolly others have already thought of this, but the air deflecting wings below the BatWing on my Ultra Classic can be placed in the open position, and it forces air down on my lower legs, and engine. I don't have a temp gauge, but it sure as heck rides cooler when moving.:D I'm getting slow in my old age..should have seen that monthes ago.:lolrolling

Meant to say "Cheap Trick" can't type any better than I can thunk.

That is something that I do whenever it is really hot outside and I want to maximize the wind deflection towards the engine. I try to position them in such a way that it is more on the engine than on my legs!
Glad someone else saw the logic in that too. :s

It is suppose to cool down here in Phoenix. We have had several back to back days of 115 degrees F.

Your bike will be fine.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Drink every chance you get. Also cover up all your exposed skin, that will keep you from losing moisture. The clothing will allow your perspiration to act like an evaporative cooler. You will actually be cooler. When your skin is exposed to the elements you dehydrate and are hotter. Trust me you need to cover up when riding in the desert. No short sleeve shirts.

That is my 2 cents worth of advice. :s

Has the Heart Attack Grill re-opened yet? They were closed down, but going to re-open last year when I was down thru there....

The whole subject of heat interests me. Buying the Harley I knew it was going to be hotter than my water cooled bike. My 2008 is completely stock and the only time heat is a problem is a extended stops. I know we make mods to increase power and completely agree to that and the cooling effect it has but can you really notice a difference 20-25 degrees while riding????

Back