free website stats program Running on one cylinder has spark, fuel, and compression | Harley Davidson Forums

Running on one cylinder has spark, fuel, and compression

Eric Wiley

I have a 2010 FXDB I got on it the other day and it seemed to sound weird and as gutless as all hell. Turns out only my back cylinder as powering my bike. So it begins. This is what I’ve done or teste

New plugs
New plug wires
New coil
Compression test 170
Checked all connections
Ran a compression test all good

so Prior of this my bike dies at a stop sign. It started up but only made it across sreet. Hasn’t ran since. I rewired my front right hand controller shortly before this happened as well. I don’t know what to do from here??????

please help ty.

eric

This is what I found , hope it will of be some help ????

P0374 CKP sensor no pulses (crankshaft position sensor)

P1004 (there is no P10004 DTC) means the SYSTEM relay is on when it should be off. This is usually due to a bad relay but could be due to a short to 12 volts in the Y/GN (yellow with green stripe) wire that feeds the coils and injectors. When both the P1001 and P1004 DTCs are set it's probably a bad SYSTEM relay.

T- no response , if not applicable !!.
On models not equipped with a tachometer, “No Rsp” will appear when the tachometer identifier is selected. “No Rsp” (no response) will also appear if the run/off switch is in the off position when doing this procedure.

S- 1121/1122 is an error code ,for signal lights not working , probably historic , and solved. ( can be cleared)

In general clear all codes , and see which codes re-appear, after running motor.

Good Luck.

Ty for the impute on the codes i did clear them all and rode my bike across town and back. I havnt checked to see what ones have came back yet. As for the relay that is news i could use i have done everything i can imagine twice! and my bike is still running on one cylinder. Ill change the relay.

So will a faulty crankshaft position sensor cause it to only run on one cylinder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohm test the injectors, most are between 12 -15 , use a test light on the harness with a jumper wire in the connector to see if while the engine is running to confirm trigger, should blink if signal and ground are good. Maybe swap them to see if the problem follows the part.
I don't believe the crank sensor will kill 1 cylinder but if will cause stalling and extended crank time.

So I don’t know how I did it or why changing the fuel injectors fix it but I guess it slowly just adapted to me putting that hyper charger there with my exhaust was causing not enough fuel to ignite the front chamber. So I put in some 4.9 g/sec injectors and she runs like a stripe ape. Even has more power!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back