free website stats program running not quite right | Harley Davidson Forums

running not quite right

1tinner

I have a 98 fxsts. just had a crane fireball cam installed this spring. Also has arlen ness air filter....python3 exhaust...still has stock cv carb with only minor work done to it...still has original stock ignition module...also bike has 27000 miles...now to the problem....bike has intermittent hesitations and popping out of exh. at higher rpm;s...slower produces some jerking and hesitations...just had new intake seals installed and when these were done the carb was taken off and cleaned..for 2 days it ran like a top..then back to problems listed above..would appreciate any ideas and opinions..if anyone needs any additonal info please let me know...thanks

thanks for reply Glider....actually the bike has been dyno tested and appropriate jets supposedly installed..im still wondering about that....i did install an inline fuel filter right after petcock and have been thinking about taking it back off..dont think i had problems before i put that on...could it be?

i have had to turn it to reserve once with the problem....and yes i do believe it did get worse..now that i think of it the lower the tank gets the worse i believe it does get

Remove the inline filter you installed. Could be enough to slow the fuel delivery. Remember the fuel is gravity flow, no pump and a slow moving fuel filter could be the problem with fuel supply.

What do the spark plugs look like? You should rejet the carb. And maybe check the ignition timing if it has not been done.

Back