free website stats program Rubber smell | Harley Davidson Forums

Rubber smell

jamesearl

I have a 2013 RK 6300 miles,for the first time today,I got her wet while riding,not soaked just sprinkling outside.The 1st stop light I get to,I smell a rubber smell,kinda like burnt rubber.I figure it's a car next to me.But when I get home and put her in the garage,I get another whiff of it,not as strong though.I figured something got wet for the 1st time and is releasing this odor.Any idea's?

When a bike gets wet and all the dirt and slop from the road splashes every where you will get a smell as the bike cools down when parked.

I would look at the pipes. It's possible that you touched the sole of your boot on them,or if you had rain gear on you may have touched them to the pipes. Both will give that rubber burning smell.

It happened to me! I was having a hard time to remove that rubber burning off the exhaust. I used Swirl & Scratch Treatment from HD and it remove the sole mark very easily! Whewwww!

I would look at the pipes. It's possible that you touched the sole of your boot on them,or if you had rain gear on you may have touched them to the pipes. Both will give that rubber burning smell.
Are you speaking from experience Steve? I know I've done it before and it's a bugger to remove!:(

Try oven cleaner on the pipes when they are warm. Spray a little in a paper cup and paint it on the pipes with an old paint brush, takes boot goo right off. Follow with a chrome polish.

Back