free website stats program rub marks on windshield? | Harley Davidson Forums

rub marks on windshield?

I've found that placing a piece of velcro on the part of the bag that contacts the windshield does the trick. Of course I didn't find out about this little fix until after some damage had already been done to my shield.

There are some paint shield products out there (really thick plastic film) you can apply to the windshield behind the contact areas of the bag.

Acrylic and Lexan "buff" dulling can be polished out with windshield cleaners like Plexus or an old one from my metric days, Yamaha Windscreen Cleaner (sorry guys), been using it to keep windscreens and face shields clean and scratch free for years.

Clean your screen with water only and dry a bit. Just shake the bottle, apply and spread with a piece of white cotton t-shirt, in circular motion vigoriously (warming the plastic), but it is okay to leave the haze, concentrating on the scratched areas then moveing generally to the rest of the screen so it leaves a more or less even haze. Allow to set for about 5 minutes. Then get a fresh clean white T-shirt and polish off the haze, turning it frequently and briskly (again warming the plastic a bit) to clean area to a nice shine. The micro-scratch haze should be gone. Good luck...

I just placed a strip of black neoprene (wetsuit material) between the pouches and the shield. This keeps the rubmarks away and also prevents the vibration that the HD leather triple pouches seem to generate.

Back