free website stats program Route 66 | Harley Davidson Forums

Route 66

PaulWhite

How many folks have made the Route 66 ride? Was it worth it. My wife and I have been talking about it in the spring.

How many folks have made the Route 66 ride? Was it worth it. My wife and I have been talking about it in the spring.

Ran about 60 miles of it between Topock and Kingman AZ this past Nov.
Not many miles, but it was the most scenic sixty miles through the deserts and over the mountains I've ever seen! The only town (people, cars) we encountered was Oatman, AZ which had burros wandering the streets (a total tourist trap to be sure, but memorable) . It's listed on the maps as County Hwy 10, though the sign posts read Scenic Route 66...

My vote - DO IT!

That is a real good link Butch posted. From friends that have ridden parts of it, and what I have seen on travel shows, the most difficult thing may be translating todays route numbers to the old Rt66 path. I know there are lots of "senic rte.66" markers, but you know how markers are not always where you need them. Even if you make some wrong turns, you will still be seeing the heartland of America.

I've rode most of it and I enjoyed the ride. As long as I'm riding though, I'm having fun. :s

My wife bought me the "EZ66 GUIDE FOR TRAVELERS" " BY JERRY McCLANAHAN" ******** A REALLY NICE BD GIFT!!!!

THE BOOK is a plastic spiral - paper back 6X8 in. that is a TELL ALL AND SHOW ALL BOOK,,,****PLUS
AND comes along with**** ALL 8 FOLD-OUT MAPS NEEDED to cover
FROM *LOS ANGELES, CA THRU AZ,NM,TX,OK,KS,MO,IL, TO *CHICAGO

I haven't looked at ALL the BOOK N SEPARATE MAPS yet but it is FULL,,,,

I MEAN FULL of INFORMATION and PROBABLY will answer ANY N ALL questions anybody has on Route66

NOTED OFF THE BOOK::: a non-profit org.,, dedicated to the preservation of ROUTE 66
web site national66.org (i've not gone there)

I"d like to take this FULL 66 Route (someday) I have the MAPS n BOOK that will help make the right turns and find the side roads and landmarks needed to complete this OLD HIGHWAY...

OH YES ON MY 09 FLHR

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the relplys. I Have the route downloaded to my TOM TOM GPS. I got the download from a site called the mother road. HAd downloads for all types of gps. Will check out the site mentioned. Thanks again

I went from Chicago to New Mexico on Rt 66 this last summer. Some cool places to go along the way. We diverted alot and took some "off the beaten path" roads but still stuck to rt66 for the most part.

Had a great time. From New Mexico we went north into Colorado and Wyoming.

I'd do it again. There are plenty of things to do and see along the way.

We did the whole thing sort of. We did not go to downtown Chicago to start and did not go to LA to finish. We were as faithful as we wanted to be. There are a couple of good books at Borders also. It was a great time. lots of fun things to see and do. Check out the Illinois Giants.

My wife bought me the "EZ66 GUIDE FOR TRAVELERS" " BY JERRY McCLANAHAN" ******** A REALLY NICE BD GIFT!!!!

THE BOOK is a plastic spiral - paper back 6X8 in. that is a TELL ALL AND SHOW ALL BOOK,,,****PLUS
AND comes along with**** ALL 8 FOLD-OUT MAPS NEEDED to cover
FROM *LOS ANGELES, CA THRU AZ,NM,TX,OK,KS,MO,IL, TO *CHICAGO

I haven't looked at ALL the BOOK N SEPARATE MAPS yet but it is FULL,,,,

I MEAN FULL of INFORMATION and PROBABLY will answer ANY N ALL questions anybody has on Route66

NOTED OFF THE BOOK::: a non-profit org.,, dedicated to the preservation of ROUTE 66
web site national66.org (i've not gone there)

I"d like to take this FULL 66 Route (someday) I have the MAPS n BOOK that will help make the right turns and find the side roads and landmarks needed to complete this OLD HIGHWAY...

OH YES ON MY 09 FLHR

signed....BUBBIE

That reference book and if you are a member of AAA, they offer a free "Travel Tix" a feature, a full featured ring flip chart map, annotated with places of interests, rest stops, even places to stay based on your input and desired travel pace. A really cool feature to be sure!

Back