free website stats program Rough Idle | Harley Davidson Forums

Rough Idle

tlyoungb

Hey guys. Just had something creep up on me here. I had my bike in the shop not long ago, and they did the service bulletin on the front motor mount. I have the 2005 EGS. Well the engine has 60K on it, and it runs like a top.

Since I got it back, man this things shakes crazy. At first I thought it was just idling rough, but I can't find any intake leak, I checked my plug gap, I check the exhaust bolts. Everything looked great. I don't get any sputtering or backfiring or anything like that. But man when I am sitting at a stop light wow she shakes crazy. Then I got to thinking. Is the new mount stiffer than the old mount?

You mean shaking that is now being transmitted into the frame that you can feel, or is it just a Visual shaking of the engine.

The mount update if they changed the mount is a stiffer mount. Many have the same complaint about the shaking with the new mount.

So the new mount is stiffer then. That would explain a lot. Man I was thinking there was something wrong with the engine. She fires right up, and I will have to say every since I got the mount changed, on the highway it seems to be a very smoother ride. Is there a rear mount that I should get them to look at also?

Back