free website stats program Rotating clutch and brake levers on handlebar | Harley Davidson Forums

Rotating clutch and brake levers on handlebar

mlemay

I'm thinking about rotating my controls on the handlebar a little further down to make it feel more natural. Has anyone else done this? Did you run into any problems? It looks like just loosen two screws, rotate and retighten the screws.

You must loosen 4 screws. Two #27's for the clutch & brake perch, two #25's for the switch housings (one on top, one under). You can only rotate a little bit because there is a dimple in the handle bar for the wires coming out of the switch's. Too much pinches wires. A little usually works. :)

Last edited:
You must loosen 4 screws. Two #27's for the clutch & brake perch, two #25's for the switch housings (one on top, one under). You can only rotate a little bit because there is a dimple in the handle bar for the wires coming out of the switch's. Too much pinches wires. A little usually works. :)

This happened to my bike. I rotated them a bit too much and the stereo started acting weird. Took a couple weeks to happen, though. Figured out what I had done and moved them back a bit and problem went away.

Take care,
Dave

Back