free website stats program Rode yesterday & ran out of gas | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode yesterday & ran out of gas

wannaride

The light came on & I was 20 miles from home, decided to get gas later. It has always had 1 gallon when I filled up after the light goes on, so I thought no problem. But the bike has been running poorly & I think the 1 year old engine temp sensor is bad, it has not been liking the cold (any thing below 60*) & it was 36* & had a heck of a head wind. Needless to say, 36* is cold when you have to take off your glove to lock it up so you can go get some gas. Still a good ride. Now I need to start tearing it down to see what is up with it.

Toby

Like it is said.... A bad day of riding beats any good day at work....:D

Any ride is better than going to work! Too bad it has been snowing for 3 days here in Oregon.

I see your area is slated to get dumped on big-time.

I was doing some work in Portland but when I tried to leave (late December), it snowed 1"-2" of snow and it shut the town down.
That much snow is nothing in Iowa.

Lots of tire chains in the streets.

Need chains in the truck (I had 4WD) to travel certain parts of the mountains. Didn't have to put them on, just be available or else they could ticket you.

Had to wait a day to get out of town. Too many fender-benders.

Good luck with your coming snow.

The ride sounded fun but the walking to find gas no so much. Hope it wasn't too far to the nearest station.

I see your area is slated to get dumped on big-time.

I was doing some work in Portland but when I tried to leave (late December), it snowed 1"-2" of snow and it shut the town down.
That much snow is nothing in Iowa.

Lots of tire chains in the streets.

Need chains in the truck (I had 4WD) to travel certain parts of the mountains. Didn't have to put them on, just be available or else they could ticket you.

Had to wait a day to get out of town. Too many fender-benders.

Good luck with your coming snow.

Snow in Portland is a real weather emergency. Originally from Maine, so I know what you are talking about. Let me know the next time you are in town.

I was close enough to home that my wife came & got me. I then took the cage to get gas. Once I got gas in the bike I rode it home & my wife gave me a ride back.

Toby

Snow in Portland is a real weather emergency. Originally from Maine, so I know what you are talking about. Let me know the next time you are in town.
Thanks for the invite but the last time I was in Portland was Dec. 1998.
It was an interesting ride out and back.
Spent 6 months when doing some work in Battleground, WA.
I want to go back sometime. I didn't have the Ultra at the time but after getting the Ultra and retiring, I want to see more of the country.
West coast ride is on the list.
I did Iowa to CA (R/T) a couple of years ago. Time to do it again.
Long ride from Iowa but life can be short.
Just do it!

you know, your rode name is given, not claimed - thus my name Gas Gauge, until this bike, there was never a bike I owned that I didn't run out of gas. Perhaps I've learned my lesson, or simply got tired of the dilema!

you know, your rode name is given, not claimed - thus my name Gas Gauge, until this bike, there was never a bike I owned that I didn't run out of gas. Perhaps I've learned my lesson, or simply got tired of the dilema!

Ha!..always wondered where some of the screen names originated.

Back