free website stats program Rode the Suches Loop (Georgia Dragon) Today - Snow? Pics of ride too! | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode the Suches Loop (Georgia Dragon) Today - Snow? Pics of ride too!

XjetCaptain

Well, to follow up my Tail of the Dragon ride, today I took a day trip and rode the Suches Loop, sometimes called the Georgia Dragon. It's a day trip out of of Atlanta. You can see the ride on the map in the photos.

There were only a few riders out today. It was cool, and a great riding day!

EXCEPT for about 2 miles of it!!

When you travel Hwy 180 from Suches to Hwy 129, you go through the Cherokee National Forest (very scenic) and you get to about 3400 ft at the top! Well the top is not exactly like it was for the rest of the ride!

If anyone is planning on riding this, best wait a bit! Check out the photos and see what I'm talking about.

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Picasa Web Albums - Chet - Suches Loop D...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, it has been a few years since I have been in that area and I forgot what a great area it is to ride. I hope to get back there soon now that we are in SE TN for much of this year. I might wait till the snow melts though :D

Did you stop at TWO in Suches? I've stopped a couple times to use the restroom and it seems they're only open on the weekends. I believe the stretch where you hit the ice and sand east of Suches is called Wolf something or other - absolutely rivals the Dragon but just doesn't go on as long. Glad you made it through safe and sound!

Did you stop at TWO in Suches? I've stopped a couple times to use the restroom and it seems they're only open on the weekends. I believe the stretch where you hit the ice and sand east of Suches is called Wolf something or other - absolutely rivals the Dragon but just doesn't go on as long. Glad you made it through safe and sound!

No on the TWO in Suches. It's Wolf Penn Gap Road, Highway 180! And yes, it does easily rival the Dragon!!

Back