free website stats program Rocker Housing Gasket | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker Housing Gasket

Notice a small oil leak on my front cylinder of a 2002 Electra Glide. I plan on replacing the housing gasket. Will the rocker assembly come out in one piece. Also, what do I have to watch for when changing the gasket?

TIA

You should invest in a service manual if you want to do your own work. It will come in handy for any servcie or repair work you need to do.:s

jdaws is right. The service manual will really help guide you and save you from making some mistakes.

Thanks, I have a service manual. It is unclear in how the rocker assembly is removed. Just wondering if this assembly come out in one piece.

Notice a small oil leak on my front cylinder of a 2002 Electra Glide. I plan on replacing the housing gasket. Will the rocker assembly come out in one piece. Also, what do I have to watch for when changing the gasket?

TIA

Change them both as `long as you are there follow the manual great info there, sequence in removing and installing the fasteners and the torque will save you from doing it twice, Good luck

Thanks, I have a service manual. It is unclear in how the rocker assembly is removed. Just wondering if this assembly come out in one piece.

Hmmm. Really? An HD Factory Service Manual?

My manual ('03 UC) covers TOP END OVERHAUL as section 3.9 in the ENGINE section (3). Follow steps 1-9 to disassemble to the point of removing the rocker boxes, and then jump over to section 3.11 SUBASSEMBLY SERVICE AND REPAIR for any details on the breather assy and pushrod covers if necessary. You may want to consider adjustable pushrods for the work you may do in the future, but since you are pulling the rocker boxes, this is not required.

On assembly, pick up with step #20 on.

TQ

Back