free website stats program Rocker Boxes | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker Boxes

Gezzer Glide

Contributor
Will the front rocker box assembly fit on the rear cylinder of a Twin Cam motor and the other way around?

Yes they are both the same, the only thing you have to be careful of is the rocker base gasket neens to be corect for front & rear cylinder.

Chopper...Thanks for the reply. You are saying that if I put the front rocker box on the rear cylinder I still need to put the front gasket on the front cylinder. Is this correct? Thanks again.

The gaskets are the same, always use new gaskets, one side is marked front & other side rear if I remember, just set them up like in the picture below. Also I don't try to change parts from one cylinder to the other, I like to keep all parts in same position as when I took them off, so push rod ends go back into the same rocker cups, just habits I guess.
RockerGaskets.jpg

The gaskets are the same, always use new gaskets, one side is marked front & other side rear if I remember, just set them up like in the picture below. Also I don't try to change parts from one cylinder to the other, I like to keep all parts in same position as when I took them off, so push rod ends go back into the same rocker cups, just habits I guess.
RockerGaskets.jpg

Thats not habit Chopper its the sign of a good tech, Jack

Sounds like good advise to me. Thanks for your help.

RockerGaskets.jpg

We did just what you said and swaped the front cover to the rear and the rear to the front and everything turned out fine:s. We also changed out the plastic breather assy for the new metal one. It was a another part of the TC motor I was unfamiliar with but now have that under my belt. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Good advice Chopper.

Important thing here is to make sure the gaskets are not installed backwards. The gaskets can be installed backwards and you'll have serious problems; however, the service manual explains this very well.

Back