free website stats program Roadking - Softail Deluxe Comparison | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadking - Softail Deluxe Comparison

Randall K. Wilson

I have a 2009 Deluxe and folks ask me how it compares to my 2003 Roadking (which I have both). If the person is my age 58, (a relic), I kind of put it in the context of cars from the 1960's. In this manner.

If you considered the Roadking a Chevrolet Impala with a 283 engine 2 barrell at 195 horse. The Deluxe would be a Chevrolet Chevelle with a 327 engine 4 barrell at 250 horse.

I say this because the Deluxe is a 96B engine and the Roadking the 88Twin Cam. Nutshell with the Deluxe with it's 96B and six speed you are riding a machine that is a little faster than a Roadking. The Deluxe, being a little lighter than the Roadking is a little more agile, nimble, and you can feel the road under you moreso, plus you feel more vibration.

So then it comes down to which do you like best? That question is so much easier for reasons already assigned above. If I had to downsize to just one Harley (Heaven forbid), then I would keep the Roadking. Why? As I have said before...the touring frame is the flagship of the motor company. Hence considering all of my riding desires and agendas...the Roadking is my favorite machine.

My Deluxel.
Deluxe-New-seat.jpg

My Roadking
100thRearSide-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool looking bikes. You are lucky to be able to have 2 bikes. Where the cabbage cutter on the Deluxe?

Very cool looking bikes. You are lucky to be able to have 2 bikes. Where the cabbage cutter on the Deluxe?

I desire a cabbage cutter but, if I install one on the back the bars that hoop from the top to the bottom will obstruct my rear turn signals...which may not look to cool. This really bothers me...that I can't just bolt on a caggage cutter and make slaw on demand!:small3d023:
(actually I have three machine:s)

Back