free website stats program Roadking saddlebag liners & locks?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadking saddlebag liners & locks??

Dr Loguey

Hi all,
I've a 2005 Roadking Custom with leather-covered rigid saddlebags: the type with a button at the back that you push in to release the catch and open them.

I'm looking for 2 things here:

1. There seem to be locks available for these saddlebags (catalogue no. 46287-04). Has anyone got these and if so were they easily fitted and do they work?

2. I'd also like some liners for them but because of the catch mechanism there's quite a large protrusion at the front of the saddlebags internally that the catch engages with and generally stops anything remotely bag-like from being put in / taken out easily. Has anyone got liners for this type of saddlebag and if so do they work well? I've been looking at catalogue no. 91887-98 but don't know if they'd work.

Any advice would be most appreciated..
Many thanks,
Dr Loguey

Hey Doc, didn't realize you have the custom with the push button in back, my buddy has the same thing, but he feels comfortable with it, because the button is on back. Best T

Get the bag liners...since they are soft and fairly "formless", so they do not have to fit perfectly to work. I like nylon liners, as they protect the contents from getting wet and are easy to load and take out, even though I have "throw-over" all leather bags, just like natural leather and no they are not waterproof, but ARE water resistant.

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

After riding with people that have the leather bags, I would either get hard bags, or put all your stuff in a hefty garbage bag and tie it tight. I have hard bags on my RK and they seal good for riding in the rain, but I see the guys with leather bag having trouble keeping the water out on long run rainy runs.

Thorns

Kuryakyn makes some great removable liners that work great and fit perfect. I don't have a part number but a search should yield fruitful results.

As for locks, I use these: Saddlebag Lid Locks|Harley Davidson Road King|Leather Saddle they are quick and easy. I also have a set on my RKC tourpack (River Road makes the liner for that). Any lid lock is only going to keep marginally honest people honest...folks that don't want to spend the extra time over your bike for fear of getting caught red-handed.

If you get removable liners, some form of lock is mandatory, since you can empty the bags and walk away with contents all at once.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Have you Put these locks on yet ? I too have an 05 Road king and wanted to know the exact same thing. I put my Pistol in my bags alot and I surely would hate to get Robbed with my own PIZTOLA....Boss bags Huh.

I have a 04 RK custom I installed the locks ,pretty easy to install. One drawback in order to get the key in between the fender and taillights must have small hands or an extension welded to the key. once locked they work well.

Back