free website stats program Road vs. Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Road vs. Street Glide

russellvh

I have a “15 Road King. My wife and I ride together and love to travel on the bike. I am considering moving to a Glide. I was wondering if either the Street or Road Glide have something making it more suited to highway travel that I should consider. Opinions are welcome.

We did yrs of traveling on a 03 RKC still have a t-bag.
We went to a Ultra LTD in 08 and really like the passenger back rest and tour pac, ( the wife has no problem falling asleep ) ended up putting on a luggage rack and got HD luggage and strap it on. More room = must stuff we take.
In 09 we picked up another RKC.
Ended up selling both in 12 to get a CVO StreetGlide with a mathing tour pack.
We are now on a 15 CVO Limited and just picked up a 06 Bushtec.
We love the Ultra for the ride and comfort.
Only ridden a RoadGlide for a hr so can only say for me the distance to the gauges and radio was too far away.
StreetGlide was great for comfort but was assembled at the factory after a tour of the brewery and they bought it back.
I would recommend you ride together on both so you can decide from experience and think about pro's and con's.
What do you take on your trips and what bike will do what you want.

If you like to travel two-up, forget the Street Glide. It has less suspension, the narrow back part of the seat and no tour pack (wives LOVE tour packs). Shark vs Bat is an argument that will never end. You should easily be able to decide after riding both. Good luck!

Back