free website stats program Road Trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip

Timman

The wife, I and possible 3-4 other couples from New Brunswick Canada, are thinking of taking a week and touring the white mountains area this summer, We haven't been there before and heard it was a great ride, with beautiful scenery. Any tips on the best time to go weather wise, places to go, things to see, as well as places to stay?

Mount Washington is a highlight and is surronded by several other mountains named after American presidents.

The wife, I and possible 3-4 other couples from New Brunswick Canada, are thinking of taking a week and touring the white mountains area this summer, We haven't been there before and heard it was a great ride, with beautiful scenery. Any tips on the best time to go weather wise, places to go, things to see, as well as places to stay?

Laconia bike week is June 12-20 and is just south of the White mountains if your into that sort of thing, the weather is 60% sun 40%rain showers that time of year. Better weather in July and August, the whole area has beautiful scenery. For places to stay, I don't know, I only live 1 hour from there. Another thing the coast and beaches are only about 50 miles away. Hope you enjoy the USA. and the white mountains, ride safe.

They say you can see 7 states and 3 provences of Canada from the top of Mt Washington on a good day, bad day you can't see 3 feet.:bigsmiley6:

Here's what you see if it is a bad day. This is from the parking lot at the top.

IMG_1045.jpg

Laconia bike week is June 12-20 and is just south of the White mountains if your into that sort of thing, the weather is 60% sun 40%rain showers that time of year. Better weather in July and August, the whole area has beautiful scenery. For places to stay, I don't know, I only live 1 hour from there. Another thing the coast and beaches are only about 50 miles away. Hope you enjoy the USA. and the white mountains, ride safe.

Have been to Laconia and up Mt. Washington, very nice trip.

Lots of nice parks to ride through as well, but watch out for the moose !

Thanks for all the info. Can’t wait to see New Hampshire, I'm use to seeing Moose, love eating them to, been doing it all my life. Like to drop in and see Laconia during bike week some day. We are not big on large crowds, just like to keep it simple but enjoy meeting and talking to people. Got a major health issue to deal with soon, but if all goes well I will be standing on top of Mount Washington sometime in July.

I visited that area about 12 years ago. Forgot how long it had been until I read your post. Got to get back up there. We went toward the end of July and had a blast.

Hope you have a great ride!:)

Back