free website stats program Road trip to Lake Billy Chinook | Harley Davidson Forums

Road trip to Lake Billy Chinook

Clint

This was probably our last daytrip of the year before the rains came.

We left fairly early and rode across Mt Hood to Warm Springs reservation and stopped for a Mocha. I had planned out a ride off the main highway along the Deschutes river but it is tribal land and closed.
We hopped off just a few miles south to Pelton damn. The resevoir is Lake Simtustus.
simtustus4

simtustus6

simtustuscreek2

Half way through we found a wide spot for some pics.
bikeindesert2

wreckedcarincanyon

wreckedcarincanyon2

From there we took back roads along the reservoir to Round Butte damn that holds back Lake Billy Chinook. We came to a view spot along the rim and snapped a few pics.
bikeabovelbc

lakebillychinook2

lakebillychinook3

lakebillychinook

We road down to the lake and around the other side. Found this cool road side attraction.
rockformation4

rockformation2

From there we road on into Remond and had dinner. On our way back we stopped at the Crooked River High bridge rest area. There are three bridges there, old bridge, new bridge and a railroad bridge. It's 300 ft deep!
crookedriverhighbridge

crookedriverhighbridge2

crookedriverhighbridge3

crookedriverhighbridge4

crookedriverhighbridge5

Headed home but stopped at Warm Springs till the sun went down behind the mountain. No fun riding directly into the sun!

We bought the bike at the end of July and have accumulated 4k miles. I plan on documenting our trips better in the future. I have 4 weeks total laid out for next summer.

Hey Clint...I used to live in Madras. Graduated highschool and married my wife there. We have been to Billy Chinook countless times. Your pictures dont even do it justice do they? It's a beautiful place for sure. In fact I will be in Madras this weekend visiting the in-laws.(yi-peee). Next September my folks and sisters and my wife and I are spending a week on a houseboat on the lake. We are excited about that.

We should hook up down there sometime and ride our asses off...

Peace Out from Hermiston...

Back