free website stats program Road King Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Seat

Airtech1987

I'm looking for a 2 up seat with a wide passenger cushion for my 1997 Road King. The wife isn't very happy with her current accommodations.
Let me know if you have something of interest. I use Paypal only, unless its local.

I'm looking for a 2 up seat with a wide passenger cushion for my 1997 Road King. The wife isn't very happy with her current accommodations. Let me know if you have something of interest. I use Paypal only, unless its local.

IIRC, '97 Road King seats were two piece; a driver and passenger seat. I have a one piece stock seat from an '02 FLHT (Electraglide Standard) that was worked over by Mean City Cycles. My wife prefers the softail as a passenger and I have replaced the '02 FLHT seat with a solo seat; don't need to accommodate a passenger on the FL any more. I can send pictures if interested. Seat isn't even broken in yet.

IIRC, '97 Road King seats were two piece; a driver and passenger seat. I have a one piece stock seat from an '02 FLHT (Electraglide Standard) that was worked over by Mean City Cycles. My wife prefers the softail as a passenger and I have replaced the '02 FLHT seat with a solo seat; don't need to accommodate a passenger on the FL any more. I can send pictures if interested. Seat isn't even broken in yet.
I'm not sure about what came on the bike OEM. As I now it has a 1 piece seat it has a metal tab up front and an eyelet in the back for the attachment screw. Pictures Yes please!

I'm not sure about what came on the bike OEM. As I now it has a 1 piece seat it has a metal tab up front and an eyelet in the back for the attachment screw. Pictures Yes please!

Traveling at the moment but will post some pics in the next day or two.

2 up factory seat looks like this #14 Me thinks Flhs and E glide seats will all fit
HD97FLHTC033.gif

Me thinks so too. Jeff posted that Mean City Cycles website, I got an inquiry into them.
I like my part of the seat, Allen @ Mean City said he can do just an upgrade to the passenger part.
Jack what does Harley list as the P/N of that seat #14?

52164-97E. Mean City Cycles has modified both driver and passenger parts of the seat I offered. Narrowing the section of the passenger seat where it connects to the driver seat is important; that was my wife's biggest complaint. That section was wide enough that it would chafe her inner thigh on a long ride, so I had that section narrowed and memory foam added.

Me thinks so too. Jeff posted that Mean City Cycles website, I got an inquiry into them.
I like my part of the seat, Allen @ Mean City said he can do just an upgrade to the passenger part.
Jack what does Harley list as the P/N of that seat #14?
It does not but I will try to find it

Back