free website stats program road king saddle bag latch install troubles need help! | Harley Davidson Forums

road king saddle bag latch install troubles need help!

airforceacop

Hi,

Im converting from leather bags, to hard saddle bags and I've got the latch hardware kit, I have a drawing showing all the parts how ever Im having some troubles trying to figure out how to install the latch....here's where my problem begins

I can see that there are 4 screws holding the latch on to the saddle bag and there is a mini piano hinge and a bracket that attaches to the lid....how in the heck do you attach that piano hinge and what side does the bracket go on...seems to me that the screws are too short?

Does anyone have step by step instructions to attach hardware to the bag and lid, instead of this drawing....I'm so confused, and to make matter worse I've already sold my leather bags....so I have to make this work....please help!

Thanks all, between the ronnies drawing and the other instruction sheet I'm the proud new owner of a set of fully installed new hardware on my boxes! Just a little time and patience and I got those 5 little screws in the lid, man those little things were tough!

thanks again for the documents!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Enjoy those scenic roads over there, and thanks for your service.

Thanks Breeze3at

We appreciate your support! now if it only would stop raining every other day! I'Id be set for the sights!

Thanks all, between the ronnies drawing and the other instruction sheet I'm the proud new owner of a set of fully installed new hardware on my boxes! Just a little time and patience and I got those 5 little screws in the lid, man those little things were tough!

thanks again for the documents!

Do check the little screws when you do a service.
They do come loose / blue loctite.. them.
I did..

Back