free website stats program Road King oil? | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King oil?

00BUCKSHOT

most of you know i went up to maryland and bought martysnarf's 05 roadking for my dad,i'm going to change all the fluids in it in the morning/i have a wideglide on a normal oil change the engine gets alittle under 3 quarts/is the roadking the same?wideglide tranny gets 22ounces of 85w-140 mobil1 gear oil will the roadking take the same?main reason i'm concerned is i don't want to over fill anything and have to drain alittle and check....repeat...repeat lol get my drift?:D

Last edited:
my 08 holds 4 quarts oil .. make it really 3 1/2 to 3 3/ths on a change

trans about a quart

primary says 38 oz but its uaully full at 32-34

might help as a base line just dont want ya to over fill it

Make sure the bike is level when you fill the primary,fill it to the bottom of the clutch basket.My bet is you won't get over 32oz. in it. If you fill it to the book spec. it will lurch terribly at start up and the clutch will engage with a jerk instead of smoothly

Make sure the bike is level when you fill the primary,fill it to the bottom of the clutch basket.My bet is you won't get over 32oz. in it. If you fill it to the book spec. it will lurch terribly at start up and the clutch will engage with a jerk instead of smoothly

Thats what i have found to steve thats why i said 32 oz above i know the manual says to fill it to this spot yada yada but i get way over that spot with 38 oz

got the oil changed the engine holds just a shade under 4 quarts.tranny is 22ounces.i put 32ounces in the primary???????bike seems to run fine i didn't feel any lurching in the clutch.....

Back