free website stats program Road king handlebar? | Harley Davidson Forums

Road king handlebar?

hotrodjohn

Well I have put 2200 on my "new" 04 road king(in four weeks with no time off from work or driving it to work:D). I think I would benefit from having the handlebars closer to me. I have 2 questions.
Can I use a curved riser with pullback on a Road King with the headlight nacelle or do I have to change the handlebar? I notice they offer a road king handlebar with a 2 inch set back. Is that a better solution than the risers? I really am fine with the bars and hand location just need to lessen the arm reach.

Check out the site below. It shows how to install risers on a Road King with the nacelle in place. It shows how to make the piece necessary but you'll notice, at the bottom of the page, that Harley now sells the necessary piece. "Street Slammer" nacel cap that comes with riser holes already molded in. Hopes this helps.

Adding Common Risers to your Road King

Get you a set of Heritage bars. No cable changes, a little tweak of the brake line leaving the master cylinder and your all set. Use the search function at the top of the page. Search for Heritage bars for Road King. Many have done, I'm one and the difference is astounding.

Bodeen

Back