free website stats program Road King Classic engine light Keeps coming on | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Classic engine light Keeps coming on

priornk

Hi, can any one out there help! My engine light keeps coming on when I'm riding her, the light stays on from 10 seconds to 90 seconds with the bike not missing a beat at low speeds and high speeds there is just no pattern to it. I've checked to see if there is a error code but there is no code coming up.
Some one did say it could be my ECM starting to give up!! so any help world be great.

Many thanks,

Neil:help

Thanks Glider, gave then a try again after the 3 try I got a code which was 24 which by the codes you posted is Front ignition coil open/low, Front ingnition coilhigh/shorted or front cylinder combustion intermittent. So i'll work my way back new plugs new ht leads then new coil might as well cheapest first. I'll let you know what I find!

Many Thanks,

Neil

Don't overlook the front injector wire as another possibility. There was problems with them breaking the copper inside the insulation near the plug on the injector.

Don't overlook the front injector wire as another possibility. There was problems with them breaking the copper inside the insulation near the plug on the injector.

Glider can you touch on the subject of the injector wire a bit more? What are the symptons if this has happened?
Thanks

Hi Glider, thanks for the help checked what you said put new coil ht leads and plugs thought that did it!!! but it only lasted two days then 24,16,41 and 56 came up so I was cheching the wiring and just happened to look at the battery and found that the battery terminals were loose so I retightened them and have had no more problems. I feel like an IDIOT!!!!

Many Thanks,

Neil

It happens a lot and it seems to happen more on the new bikes now. I guess it's the way they set these bikes up now and don't pay too much attention to the battery connections.

Back