free website stats program Road King Bar Question. | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King Bar Question.

Tigg

I know this has been covered before and I searched for an answer in the forums already but I have a specific question.
I stopped into the dealer today to see about getting Heritage bars for on my 07 RKC. Well the guy quoted me prices on two different bars. One price for 08 and back and another for 09 Heritage bars. He said the 09 had a little taller bars . This leads me to my question. I have read about people putting 09 Heritage bars on their 09 Road Kings But will the taller 09 Bars fit on my 07. I looked at an 09 RKC while I was there and did notice the brake line came out of the lever on a downward angleand mine comes out sideways. The 09 is what I would probably go with if they will fit but I could use the older Heritage bars if thats what I have to. The bend looks the same but the 09 looks about an inch taller.

Thanks
Jack

only heritage i could find on HD site for the 09 style is this # 56902-08 and this 55864-09 and it says 08 or later ..the are made for the TBW throttle not sure there would be much difference other wise

I have a 05 RK and just changed bars. I wanted more pull back and more hieght. I went to my local dealer to get the heritge bars and my luck they didn't have them in stock. They let me sit on a couple of different bikes with different setups my main hang up was i didn't want to change cables or brake lines. I ended up going with the road king police model bars. So far I love them they are 2inches taller and about 3 inches more pullback

I have a 05 RK and just changed bars. I wanted more pull back and more hieght. I went to my local dealer to get the heritge bars and my luck they didn't have them in stock. They let me sit on a couple of different bikes with different setups my main hang up was i didn't want to change cables or brake lines. I ended up going with the road king police model bars. So far I love them they are 2inches taller and about 3 inches more pullback

The police bars are usually the heritage bars are usually what the police bars are check the specs

The hadlebar chart Glider put up has a note on the heritage bar part number that says they are used on RK Police models.

Rented and demo road two different 09 RK’s, totally hated the low bars on both.

My elcheapo 2001 Police RK came with the higher bars and I definitely recommend them. You should easily be able to find them on eBay. Here is a pic for comparison.

FLHPIrear1.jpg

Heritage bars #56623-99 Chrome.
A little up, a little back, a world or difference.
All the cables and wires fit fine. Had to tweek the brake line just a bit but there is plenty of give. Not a problem at all.
And under $80.00

Back