free website stats program Road Glide Rear Fender Facia | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Rear Fender Facia

Grillfish

I got this idea from other RG owners. You add the SG rear fender facia on the RG. 2010 RGs have this item already and IMO, should have been on every RG from the factory. Overall, it's not hard to do and really cleans up the rear.

Parts Needed:
59739-09 Rear Fender Facia - you add your paint code, more on this later
68358-07A Tri-Bar run/brake light
2995 Torx pan head screw (2)
59749-06 Rear fender plug (2)

The rear fender facia can be color painted by HD if and only if your RG color was a SG color. If not, like my mirage orange pearl, then you buy the part primed and get it painted by someone else. I got Chris Cruz in Deland FL to color match and he did a great job.

Some folks drill holes and attach the facia to the fender, but others use 3M double sided tape, which I used.

To install...
Attach the tri-bar light to the fender facia using the two torx screws.

Pop in the plugs in the facia (used only if you do not have antennas that are going through the holes).

Take off both saddle bags and left hand side cover (main fuse is located).

Loosen the nut on the rear fender up under neath.

Put 3M tape on the rear fender facia and get some needle nose pliers.

Slide the rear fender facia up in between the rear fender and support bracket underneath the rear fender.

Align the rear fender facia and tighten the nut up under neath the rear fender. This tightens the facia.

Take the pliers and remove backing from the tape and very carefully attach the side of the facia to the rear fender. Once it's stuck, it's not going anywhere! Do the other side.

Find the plug for the tour pack that is under the left side cover you took off. If you have the tour pack, you can buy a Y splitter.

Run the wire from the light bar to the plug under the left side cover and snap together. Use zip ties to keep loose wires out of the rear wheel.

Put all back together and enjoy!

Before:
100_0214.jpg

After:
100_0221.jpg

I did that to my roadglide makes all the difference and then I painted the fender plug and grommet to match of course mine is black but now I paint grommets and plugs to match for any bike if you are interested.

Moderator's Note - please PM this member if interested

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3M tape I used for this project is still holding fine after 1 yr. One of my favorite mods I've done to the RG.

Ride safe and have fun!

Looks great, Has anyone done this on the 09 or newer Ultra Classics?

You would have to remove your saddlebag guards to put a fascia on. I was all ready to do it on my Classic when I realized that. I prefer my guards.
But it sure is a nice look. :60:

Grillfish, I just did this mod to my 04 RG but I needed to add an additional part. It is the rear fender fascia support p/n 59790-06. The rear fender support wasn't long enough to tuck the fascia up behind it as on the newer style fenders. By adding this additional piece, it mates up with the feature on the facia and holds the facia in place. The rest of the procedure is as you have it outlined. I'm wiht you, this is my favorite cosmetic upgrade to the bike. Thanx!

Back