free website stats program road glide left turn signal | Harley Davidson Forums

road glide left turn signal

jmeuser6338

I have an 08 FLTR, the lights are on but no ones home, sorry yeah the right turn works fine, but the left nothing even though the front and rear light are on, no blinking on the left side, any ideas before I pull what little hair I have left out? I am sure it is something simple, thanks :(

Start with a test light to see if there is power to the socket could be as simple as a bulb

The front lite may be on, but that would be the running lite. The other filament on that bulb may be blown, hence no flash. Check it out and let us know.:s

You might need fresh blinker fluid as the factory stuff ain't too good. I recommend synthetic, but that's just me.

I have an 08 FLTR, the lights are on but no ones home, sorry yeah the right turn works fine, but the left nothing even though the front and rear light are on, no blinking on the left side, any ideas before I pull what little hair I have left out? I am sure it is something simple, thanks :(

put new bulbs in front and back( JMO here but I would replace both sides) . before you install them - put a dabble of diaelectric grease in the socket.

After replacing the bulbs and if you still have the same condition, replace the flasher / relay. If this is a electronic flasher it is very poss. one side will flash and the other side won't

Last edited:
Before buying new bulbs, it's easier to swap each side to the other side.
If the trouble travels to the other side, it's the bulb.
If it stays on the same side, then you have to look at other items such as socket, wiring, etc.

Back