free website stats program Road Glide Fairing Storage Door Spring | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide Fairing Storage Door Spring

1fltri4me

Hello everyone!

Heres the deal.The spring on one of the fairing storage compartment doors broke.My local dealer can not give me a part number for the spring or number for the assembly.The part they did order was just the end barrels for the hinge assembly which did not include a spring.They have no clue as to what to order!
Surely I cant be the only RG owner that has ran into this problem!
The parts book does not show the spring.

So does anyone know the part number for just the spring or does a complete door assy. have to be ordered?
Thanks.

Tell the parts droid to go in his book to the parts breakdown where the individual parts are all tagged with part numbers and order you the right part.
Maybe try another dealer.

I also looked at the parts book and the parts break down on their computer,no picture of the spring.
One of the droids said he would make a phone call the next day.Well that day was like 2 weeks ago and he never called me.I went back 2 days ago and was informed that he could not help me!

Yes,I will have to try another dealer or try to match the spring.

If you've got the broken one (if not, take out the good one on the other side), take it to a hardware store and see if they can match it. It can't be some unique spring that only exists in HD Land. Or, take a larger spring off of something else and bend/cut it to fit.

Hello everyone!
Heres the deal.The spring on one of the fairing storage compartment doors broke.My local dealer can not give me a part number for the spring or number for the assembly.The part they did order was just the end barrels for the hinge assembly which did not include a spring.They have no clue as to what to order!
Surely I cant be the only RG owner that has ran into this problem!
The parts book does not show the spring.
So does anyone know the part number for just the spring or does a complete door assy. have to be ordered?
Thanks.
==========================================================
Is this the type spring that the hinge pin slips through, and it holds the cover open or shut ? If so, some Home Depot/hardware store searching might be productive.

==========================================================
Is this the type spring that the hinge pin slips through, and it holds the cover open or shut ? If so, some Home Depot/hardware store searching might be productive.

I think its just some type of a torsion spring.Looks like I will disasemble the door and match the spring like suggested.

Thanks for the link Redfish.Seems like it would be part of the door assy. but at $52 i'll try matching the spring first.

Back