free website stats program Road Gear product report | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Gear product report

FLST

Thought I would pass along my experience with the Road Gear tire gauge. After some reading here and browsing the net I thought I would try a digital pressure gauge (I never knew those pencil gauges were so inaccurate). I'm the sort that likes good stuff and do not care what it costs, so I tried the RG angle head one for about $35.00. It talks but I don't care about that. I just wanted an accurate reading. It works great, but my Softtail valve cores come off the rim at 90* and this one is hard to get on the core cleanly. Works fine on straight ones.
Because of the 90* angle thing, and to have a back-up (one for the bike and one for the road) I later bought the "garage" model for about $65.00. Has a very nice case and is sturdy. They both read to within .4 lbs of each other. Gives me confidence that whether I'm on the road or at home I can get a good pressure reading on my tires.
Road Gear makes a quality product, has great customer service and a good warranty. Although many would flip over that much for a mere tire gauge , that's just me. I like good stuff, you get what you pay for, and being old, retired, and single, what else am I gonna do with it. I love tools almost as much as I love chrome.

Thanks for the review! I am in need of a good gauge as well. I also have a quandary about the correct pressure to run. Sticker says 40, dealer says 46 and owners manual says something else. Gheesh. Running about 42-43 now since its so chilly outside. Warms up a bit, I will check pressure again.

I don't know how to post a link, but if you put "road gear" in your search engine their site should come up near the top of the list. They have other motorcycle products as well.

No problem FLST, easiest way is to go to the address bar near the top of your browser and right click on the text which will highlight it. Select "Copy" and paste in your reply post after a brief introduction...voila

ROADGEAR Hi-Tec Digital Tire Gauge | Bike Maintenance | Accessories | ROADGEAR High Performance Gear

You can also copy and post pictures...just complete the post and please right click on the picture and check properties for size is 800 x 600 pixels or less for forum use.

tn846s3.jpg

If you click on the <Go Advanced> button at the bottom it will open up a more detailed preview of your post and more feature word processor type format of your proposed reply. Read things over and if satisfied, click the <Post Quick Reply>

Good post! I would like to buy an "accurate" gauge and am interested in reviews of other gauges if others will post them. Thanks!:)

Back