free website stats program RKP mods | Harley Davidson Forums

RKP mods

lorne

What kind of mod has anyone done to their RKP??? i have a 05 and am just starting to do some mods now that the weather is cold. so i am curious to see what everyone is happy with. thinking of stage one and power command to start

Well, I didn't want mine to look much like a police bike.
1) I replaced the switches. So I have no red cop switches.
2) I got rid of the Black nacelle, replaced with chrome.
3) No cop tachometer
4) Painted side covers
5) Added Mustang seat
6) Road king custom rear blinker bar
7) Custom dash
8) Power commander
9) Harley emblems on the tank
10) custom pegs, floorboards, grips,& screaming eagle Pipes.
11) I got some leather bags, Modified the one so that the ABS unit would have room.
Looks a lot better:D

Well, I didn't want mine to look much like a police bike.
1) I replaced the switches. So I have no red cop switches.
2) I got rid of the Black nacelle, replaced with chrome.
3) No cop tachometer
4) Painted side covers
5) Added Mustang seat
6) Road king custom rear blinker bar
7) Custom dash
8) Power commander
9) Harley emblems on the tank
10) custom pegs, floorboards, grips,& screaming eagle Pipes.
11) I got some leather bags, Modified the one so that the ABS unit would have room.
Looks a lot better:D

how did you like the power commander?? did you get one you can program yourself? its something that i would like to do

I have tried the Power Commader III but to no avail its no longer on my bike, I do not know why yet. I need help with mine. The dealer HD dealer says that it has the Sreaming Eagle stage 1 kit. But I do not know if cop bokes have the stock ECU.

I have an 06 rdking police that I completely de-policed. pulled the extra wireing, changed out the switches, added the piles of chrome we all do, changed out the windshield,put a mustang seat, quick detach backrest and a tour pack for when we run far from home! put a power commander lll , big sucker air filter and put on a set of v&h standard slash cut slip ons and did some monkeying aroud with the baffels. its runs! I could not believe the differance the PC lll and the pipes, air clearner made. it was a whole new bike.

==================================================

I have tried the Power Commader III but to no avail its no longer on my bike, I do not know why yet. I need help with mine. The dealer HD dealer says that it has the Sreaming Eagle stage 1 kit. But I do not know if cop bokes have the stock ECU.

for the mod to work good you have to change other things too! when you give that motor more fuel its going to need more air and then it needs to pass that air thru a good less restrictive pipe. then you will see a noticable difference. jmho good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 06 rdking police that I completely de-policed. pulled the extra wireing, changed out the switches, added the piles of chrome we all do, changed out the windshield,put a mustang seat, quick detach backrest and a tour pack for when we run far from home! put a power commander lll , big sucker air filter and put on a set of v&h standard slash cut slip ons and did some monkeying aroud with the baffels. its runs! I could not believe the differance the PC lll and the pipes, air clearner made. it was a whole new bike.

==================================================

for the mod to work good you have to change other things too! when you give that motor more fuel its going to need more air and then it needs to pass that air thru a good less restrictive pipe. then you will see a noticable difference. jmho good luck.

Thanks, that is what i was thinking of doing pipes and air filter then power command. not counting chrome etc!!!

i have an 05 rkp, also pc3, stage 1 se exhaust and breather. dino work was done before i got bike, but it runs ok. front plug fouls once in a while. about 40 mpg.............bw

have a 2000 rkp came with se air cleaner , se mufflers compettion , from the pd i just added the gen 3 from doebeck it runs great , didnt know it had the heavey breather till i pulled the ac cover off

01 rkp. new 2 up seat, kuryakyn silver bullets along side passing lamps, headlight modulator, halogen light kit, new cams, stage 1-took off pcIII-it went to lunch. metzler me 880s. new touring pipes w/ shark fin caps and a plug in the rear cyl. line to the right side, factory looking true duals. no cop wiring/ everything to civilian service manual. hard mounted king tour pak w/lights. antennas for cb and fm. removed hockey pucks for pop up latches. tall windshield and very big grips for what big hands you have, mr. wolf. left tach and cop air cleaner. no badges or emblems. black handlebars, nacelle. hard lowers, highway pegs. 3 pocket windshield bag. birch white, plain jane and very pretty.

01 rkp. new 2 up seat, kuryakyn silver bullets along side passing lamps, headlight modulator, halogen light kit, new cams, stage 1-took off pcIII-it went to lunch. metzler me 880s. new touring pipes w/ shark fin caps and a plug in the rear cyl. line to the right side, factory looking true duals. no cop wiring/ everything to civilian service manual. hard mounted king tour pak w/lights. antennas for cb and fm. removed hockey pucks for pop up latches. tall windshield and very big grips for what big hands you have, mr. wolf. left tach and cop air cleaner. no badges or emblems. black handlebars, nacelle. hard lowers, highway pegs. 3 pocket windshield bag. birch white, plain jane and very pretty.

thanks interesting about the pcIII. did it go out over time or was out to lunch the whole time you had it on?

Back