free website stats program RKC 2009 or 2010? | Harley Davidson Forums

RKC 2009 or 2010?

am absolutely going to buy either a 2009 or 2010 RKC.
that's a definite.
am ready to pull the trigger ... but i'm riding a perfectly good R1100R Beemer until then and figure i might wait until July to find out what's new.
am wondering about others opinions on whether it's worth waiting to see what the improvements will be for 2010.
i know there's no way to know for sure at this point ... but there are a lot of you out there who have been following the HD MOCO longer than i and may have a hunch.
i'd be interested to hear it, even if it's just a hunch.
from what i can tell, every year people seem to wait for a water cooled engine.
but with the major changes going from 2008 to 2009, i suspect they may do less on the RK this year.
but then i really don't know enough about how the MOCO decides these things to know.
what do you experienced guys suspect will happen to the 2010 RKC???

any thoughts?

one thing everyone finds out, when you buy your 1ST Bran new Harley they always 1 up something in the next years line up. That's how they get ya to keep buying new ones. if everything was the same year after year how would they get someone to buy a new one every 3 or 4 years.
Something a sales person for HD told me they were taught. There's 2 kinds of Harley buyers. The lifers and the traders. The lifers keep their bike forever, and the trader average 2 to 4 years between bikes.
On the + side of waiting if there's nothing extremely fantastic that you absolutely need to have then you could save a little money on an '09

Since they just made such significant improvements to the Touring family for 2009, I wouldn't expect another bunch of huge changes. If you could find a really good deal on an '09 (Ebay, Craigslist, Chopperexchange) you might be able to get one with a lot of stuff you would have added anyway without paying full price for them. If you wait on a 2010 model - trust me on this one - you better plan on spending another couple thousand making it YOUR bike. Seats, handlebars, windshields, pipes, passenger amenities, and bling all add up VERY quickly. Like I said, many '09's on the used bike market already have Stage One complete, passenger backrests, upgraded seats, etc. along with low mileage and remaining factory warranty.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide!

I waited for a 09 RKC and passed on the 08's. I ordered the bike early sumner of 08, picked my color with ABS and was told my bike should be here in July. I took ownership Sep 2nd and it was the first RKC they received, one of five 09 bikes...so I did miss most of the summer riding. I was happy however with all the changes they made in 09.

I would think the 2010's would see little change in the touring models and maybe more improvement this year in the softail line.

I would buy the 09...it's a great bike!!!

I think most who believe HD will make a water cooled bike believe it will be in an Ultra Classic. I can't see it in a RK, then again I hope they don't put it in anything to be honest.

yeah. that all makes sense.
really, i don't know why i care so much about finding out what the 2010s will have. the 2009 has everything i want. so ... it's like: what's the point?
the only good thing about waiting might be finding a slightly cheaper price, as they'll want the '09s off the showroom floors, i guess.
can't wait ...!
... but i will.

Being this close I would without a doubt wait until I seen what 2010 has to offer. All that can happen is you either get a better 2010 model or you get a better deal on a 09. No brainer. I own a 09 and love it, but there is no way I would pull the trigger this close. :s

yeah. that all makes sense.
really, i don't know why i care so much about finding out what the 2010s will have. the 2009 has everything i want. so ... it's like: what's the point?
the only good thing about waiting might be finding a slightly cheaper price, as they'll want the '09s off the showroom floors, i guess.
can't wait ...!
... but i will.

Maybe, maybe not. They've cut production enough that there's probably going to be plenty of room on the showroom floors for 2009's and 2010's. If I were serious about pursuing an '09, I would be looking for a low mileage, primo used one with some mods that I would have done anyway. I just think it's wishful thinking that they'll be slicing thousands off the price of a new 2009 once the 2010 models debut.

I own the 09 RKC,best investment ever. Of course I had to wait abit for some of the extras on back order but so what. Start hitting the bike shows or for another idea like I did was got to a small out of the way town. I got 10% off list and 20% off accessories +dealer $400gift certificate

Back