free website stats program RK seat | Harley Davidson Forums

RK seat

moller

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this question has come up before. I have a 2009 RK, I love the stock seat from a comfort perspective, but i'm 6'2 and need it moved back about 2 inches or so. Anyone have any ideas whether that can be done or do i need a new seat - and if a new seat, any suggestions for taller rider and comfort?

If you will be riding solo, I strongly recommend the Corbin Hollywood Solo. It will lower you around 2" and put you back about 4". It rides like a properly made horse saddle, in that it is not soft, but I can ride mine all day with no pressure spots at all. I think their new ones provide for a pillion for short trips, 2-up.

Enjoy,
Rich P

ditto tall boy i am m6ft 1 with hip replacement needed to move back due to flexibility of left hip for shifting tall boy did the trick

++ for Meancity (thanks smitty). I looked them up & was extremely impressed w/their re-furb process. Many comfort options at decent prices & definitely cheaper than new. I was getting ready to plunge $575 on a seat, but will be contacting Meancity instead.

Keep in mind too - new/after-market seats can also have problems b/c they're not "custom fit" to the rider. I bought a new seat a few years back for my Sportster and, believe it or not, it was worse than stock HD. Fought w/company to return & ended up w/a nice Mustang seat that worked.

If you ride solo a Police seat will move you seriously up and back, plus the air spring makes for a cushy ride. They are available for cheap on eBay.

GlenFallsPD2009MC.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Back