free website stats program Risers for FatBoy | Harley Davidson Forums

Risers for FatBoy

wilks3

The HD catalog says 4 1/2" riser kit # 56296-09 fits my FB, but does not specifically say if you need cables changed. The risers will add about 2" up and maybe 2" back. Am I close on these measurements???
Anybody use these? Problems with cable length?
Thanks In Advance
wilks3

The HD catalog says 4 1/2" riser kit # 56296-09 fits my FB, but does not specifically say if you need cables changed. The risers will add about 2" up and maybe 2" back. Am I close on these measurements???
Anybody use these? Problems with cable length?
Thanks In Advance
wilks3
They fit fine on my '09 FLSTF. You do need to adjust the brake line and the clutch cable routing a little.

I put them on Paulas 08 Fatboy. Rerouted the cables behind the bars and had plenty of length. Good luck, easy mod.

I recently installed these risers on my 08 FatBoy. The only change I had to make to the cables was to run the clutch cable underneath the handlebars instead of up and over them as they were stock. The ride is so much better now on my back and shoulders, well worth the cost. This was also the first time I did any work on my bike and that made me feel pretty good. Service manual paid for itself on this mod.

I have the front end stuff off, loose or hanging right now waiting on risers to arrive. Looks like easy swap. Found something interesting though.....front brake line was wrapped around throttle cables by handlebar, always looked weird. So I thought instead of breaking loose brake line I would just remove front caliper and untwist brake line. I'm glad I did, top caliper bolt "finger" tight, bottom bolt "kinda" tight. 2200 miles after 1000 mile service! Lesson learned, don't assume anything is right, check it!
wilks3

Back