free website stats program Riser bushing replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Riser bushing replacement

Mongo1958

The bikes handlebar riser bushings were starting to cause some wobble. It actually became more noticeable when I replaced the mirrors with magnum long stems from Kuryakyn. Anyway, I removed the ultras faring, passing lamps, ignition knob handle to gain access to the handlebar risers.
Trouble with this kind of maintenance is all of the dirt a grime that I found that I had the clean. I got the Arlen Ness polymer bushings and I started the install at 12 noon and got it all back together around 4pm. I also spent some time wiping it down with some ceramic spray after I was done.

Next best thing to making repairs that improve the ride, is the cleaning
Starting to look into some ceramic coatings
Neighbor used a product he called "R-1 ceramic coatings "
He put on his new Expedition, watched as he was washing / rinsing,
Water ran off with very little drops remaining.

The bikes handlebar riser bushings were starting to cause some wobble. It actually became more noticeable when I replaced the mirrors with magnum long stems from Kuryakyn. Anyway, I removed the ultras faring, passing lamps, ignition knob handle to gain access to the handlebar risers.
Trouble with this kind of maintenance is all of the dirt a grime that I found that I had the clean. I got the Arlen Ness polymer bushings and I started the install at 12 noon and got it all back together around 4pm. I also spent some time wiping it down with some ceramic spray after I was done.

So now take it out for a ride;)

Back