free website stats program riding to west Canada | Harley Davidson Forums

riding to west Canada

wolfy75

Leaving next weeend Ottawa to Calgary. The long run is through Ontario.. So i plan on hitting espanola first night, anyone know of any hotels?
Then espanoloa to ROSSport maybe any legendary motels on that stretch?
Anyway my basic question is for those of you who have travelled ottawa to manitoba border or vidce versa any recommedned spots. We aren't camping this trip.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Still raining in Ottawa by the way...

Last summer I rode Calgary to Ottawa and back. I went thru the U.S. on Hwy #2, it was great. Very little traffic and the price of fuel, food, and motels is way cheaper. Bring extra money for the Harley Shops as they have way better deals then in Canada. Have a good trip and don't stop in Calgary long as the mountains are only an hour west of us.

Instead of Espanola,why don't you make your first nights stop in Sudbury or Sioux St. Marie if you want to ride the extra 300k you will find more accomodation there than Espanola. In Sudbury if you want a reasonably priced room with a good mom and pop restaurant stay at the Chateau Guay,or if your tastes are a little more upscale stay at the Ambassador,they have a great Italian restaurant ,indoor pool and hot tub.

Hey Steve,
Thanks for the info will be calling the Chateau guay looks like they are convenient right on 17.
Cheers

Back