free website stats program Riding The Electraglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding The Electraglide

Ishmael

I'm lucky enough to be half owner of a 99 Electraglide Standard which has been converted to a trike configuration with the Voyager Kit which is two outrigger wheels and retains the normal drive wheel of the motorcycle. It's quite ingenious in its design and is great for those with physical disabilities or like my sister who rides it, is too short to hold the glide up, her toes barely touch the ground. I ride it occasionally but prefer the two wheels of my Fatboy. Yesterday a friend and I took the outrigger wheels off and had a ride on the bagger in its stock configuration, a first for me. Wow! I now know what the phrase, "Someday you'll own a bagger", means. Super comfortable and handles like a dream. I can't imagine what the newer tourers are like if this 12 year old bike rides this well. That ride was so smooth I just had to share the experience. Thanks for tolerating me.
Ishmael

So when you gettin a bagger?????? :33:
So now you know what all the rave is about...

Nothing wrong with having more than one bike. Now if only I can convince the wife....
Come to think of it, I just had a new room put on the house for her, my turn for a new toy!
Ishmael

Nothing wrong with having more than one bike. Now if only I can convince the wife....
Come to think of it, I just had a new room put on the house for her, my turn for a new toy!
Ishmael

I wish you well on that angle......:lolrolling
Remember its easy to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission..:)

I think you're right Tank. I'm still amazed at how smooth that Eglide was/is.
Ishmael

I now ride a 1999 Electra Glide Classic. I got it last April after riding a 1972 hardtail bobber for 12 years. Never new what I was missing.

Back