free website stats program Riding over for this year ..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding over for this year .....

wombat457

Not sure but think my riding for this year is at an end. This afternoon I decided to see how much of an impact my ribs and chest could take by falling 6' and using my chest to stop by letting it hit the ground first. It worked great as a way to stop BUT also left me with two broken ribs :(

They are going to take about 8 weeks to heal properly and in the meantime I'll be on oxycodone. Oxycodone and two wheels don't mix too well, and 8 weeks down the track will have our weather pretty terrible - at least for me to ride ...

It's a long story so don't ask but suffice to say you shouldn't roll back your bike and try turning it on a slope ... the good news though is - the bike is going to be okay !!! :)

Well: looks like you mighta got that camera just a bit too soon- -
The really important thing is that your bike’s ok.

Wow, sorry for you.
Back in 2010 had an accident broke all mine on the left side, took quite some time but made a full recovery. I know it hurts but try to stay away from the oxycodone its extremely addictive. Good luck with your recovery!

Wow, glad you are no worse off! Take care of yourself. Time is the best medicine, however, emphasize that 'As Needed' for the meds and unfortunately, there isn't much relief from ribs. :(. Don't ask me how I know.;). Just seems not much you can do without involving your core. Take it easy and get better soon! Hopefully you can stock up on winter project supplies. ;)

Thanks guys and yeah, not a big fan of any meds let alone narcotics. I don't think there is a person alive who hasn't, at some time or another, broken a rib or two - no fun but things happen. I think my "pride got hurt more" though :)

Ouch! Any rib/chest injuries suck. Every breath hurts. Sorry to hear that. Be careful with the opioids. Only take them for as short as possible. I've been dependent for over 20 years and am right now going through the program to get off them. I don't wish that on anyone. But that being said, I was functioning and riding all the while I was taking them. And doing so with a clear head.

@ThunderRogue

Thanks mate but doubt I'll be riding while taking them. Had one last night and felt like I was floating. I hate taking pills at the best of times so when I have to, they tend to hit me pretty hard. Add to that a wife who probably wont let me ride while taking them anyway :)

@ThunderRogue

Thanks mate but doubt I'll be riding while taking them. Had one last night and felt like I was floating. I hate taking pills at the best of times so when I have to, they tend to hit me pretty hard. Add to that a wife who probably wont let me ride while taking them anyway :)
Oh I get it believe me. When I first started taking them they would knock me out for a couple hours. Broke my back and spent 6 mos flat on it. What I'm saying is after a really long time on them I got used to them, built up a tolerance, and they did not affect me like that anymore. They just dulled the pain.

Back