free website stats program Riders Club scam | Harley Davidson Forums

Riders Club scam

Duffer

I received in the mail today an offer to join the Motorcycle Riders Club of America. It’s one of those deals where for only $1.00 a month they will send you motorcycle gear and you are suppose to test it and report back and you get to keep it for free. I’ve received these same offers from hunting clubs and fishing clubs before and although I have never joined, I have looked into them a bit. Disclaimer here! This is JMHO but, this is pretty much a scam put on by marketing research companies who gather your information and in turn sell it to everybody and their dog so they can pester you with unwanted junk mail and telemarketing calls. I have not been able to find any evidence that any one has ever received anything free from this, but they will send books and magazines for you to buy. Of course, you then have the hassle of having to return them or pay.
I am sure I’m telling most of you what you already know, but if
this saves someone some grief then I guess it’s worth typing out a few word of warning.
If any of you have had a different experience with this I would certainly like to hear about it.
Pretty good bet if it’s free that's 'cuz it aint worth nuttin’

Yeah, it has had many shapes and forms.
Did a search on the forum and didn't find anything so I thought it might be worth mentioning

When my boys were young I constantly drilled TANSTAAFL into their heads. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. (Thank you Mr. Heinlein.)

They don't get caught by stuff like that now.

Back