free website stats program Rider Front Foot Pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Rider Front Foot Pegs

jimgaulin

I have a 2008 Harley 1200 Sportster Custom.I don't like my foot pegs.They are about 3in. long.I would like to get longer ones.( about 5in. long) I go into sites looking for some but..(new rider) I don't understand all this male,passanger only,and other things.I don't want to order something that is wrong.Can anyone please tell me in simple talk what I need to do_Or better yet where and order number to get some?

Thanks,
Jim:52:

im pretty sure by asking male, they mean that the peg has a male connector on the end. either the pegs are going to be male or female.

Tons of options out there. Try Dennis Kirk or J&P Cycles online. They'll send you a free catalog and really get your mind wandering.

I have a 2008 Harley 1200 Sportster Custom.I don't like my foot pegs.They are about 3in. long.I would like to get longer ones.( about 5in. long) I go into sites looking for some but..(new rider) I don't understand all this male,passanger only,and other things.I don't want to order something that is wrong.Can anyone please tell me in simple talk what I need to do_Or better yet where and order number to get some?

Thanks,

2010 Harley catalog page 566 item E #3
PN# 49500-92T 5" extended footpegs $39.95 ..... stock style pegs with chrome end caps, should work in rider position. I have seen them on the shelf at the dealer.

I have a 2008 Harley 1200 Sportster Custom.I don't like my foot pegs.They are about 3in. long.I would like to get longer ones.( about 5in. long) I go into sites looking for some but..(new rider) I don't understand all this male,passenger only,and other things.I don't want to order something that is wrong.Can anyone please tell me in simple talk what I need to do_Or better yet where and order number to get some?

Thanks,

Standard Harley peg mounts are "Male"...in that the peg has the notched tab that inserts into the female square "U" hinged receiver with spring steel tension washer in-between on one side, the retainer pin passes thru the works and a washer & cir clip hold it all in place.

You may want to look at the Küryakyn website for ideas, I use the ISO Mini-Wings, as they are compact floorboards that are trick, but not bulky.

Küryakyn - Metric - ISO®-Wing Mini Boards

Back