free website stats program Ride Sugestions (Chicago aREA) | Harley Davidson Forums

Ride Sugestions (Chicago aREA)

Drew

I live in a North suburb of Chicago, about 20 miles due north of the city. Any suggestions on where to go to find some twisties? preferably it wouldn't be south, because going through the city is a bit of a hassle... but I'm open to all suggestions.

thanks
Drew

EDIT: I meant to post this in the "General Topics" forum. Mods, anyway to move this thread?

Last edited:
Re: Ride Suggestions (Chicago area)

I live in the NW suburbs. I always go around the Chain-o-lakes area. Sometimes run thru Bull Valley into the far north part of the state.

Also, some of the 2-laners in southern WI, just over the border are pretty good too. In fact, I just got back from a 60 mile jaunt thru just those twisties!!!

That's a very nice ride as well. I wasn't if he was looking for quick and easy satisfaction or make a day of it. :s

I can easily ride 100+ miles and not get more than about 20-25 miles from my house. And the nice thing is, if something comes up, I can bale at any time and be home within 30 minutes. Thats one thing I can say is a plus to living on the far out burbs in Chicago.

Another good ride is getting out to Rockford and heading south on Hwy 2 along the Rock River. You can ride any where from 200-300+ miles there. That and Hwy 60 along the Wisconsin River N-NW of Madison. The hwy 60 ride is a good 350 miles roundtrip from my house. Those are probably my 2 favorite rides that I can do in a day.

I road from St Charles to Poopy'e in Savanna last Sunday on the way home via highway 64. Nice highway, but not too many twisties. I'm not from that area.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions... I will definitely look into some of these.

ride safe
Drew

I road from St Charles to Poopy'e in Savanna last Sunday on the way home via highway 64. Nice highway, but not too many twisties. I'm not from that area.

84 north of savannah gets a litle twistier and definatly hillier toward galena. and southern wi is always the best.

Back