free website stats program Ride Day | Harley Davidson Forums

Ride Day

Is it to test out the new rig, or are you pulling our leg, short ride with trailer;) Looks good

No I really did a short ride.
About 15 miles, down to the shop and back to get the mail.
Took a very indirect route so I could do as many stops, corners, hills as possible on all main streets.
Apparently the brake lights on the trailer work, no rear ended me so that's a bonus.

We have 2 of the Costco packages and a few Safeway type. So as long as no diarrhea comes to town I will be just doing a beer run.

So as the best answer to can I feel it back there.
Not much, keep in mind it is basically empty, spare rim / tire , the reflectors and tire blocks may bring the weight to 150 lbs or less, so much like a passenger at this time until I get more used to it.
Backing up isn't different than trailer and truck, but it is quick to change direction and beginning to get the feel for it.
Accelerating is like it's not there, and didn't feel like it pushed while stopping. Cornering other than awareness of the width was as if it wasn't there. Loaded down most likely will be different.
I plan on putting in a load, 75 lbs and ride around to feel the difference.
Than take the wife with the same trailer load.
I just want to know the handling characteristics as weight increases before she climbs on.

Back