free website stats program Rickyz | Harley Davidson Forums

Rickyz

rickyz

Hello to all. I have a 2003 Roadking FLHRPI that my wife bought me for my 50th B-Day. It is classic black/white. I recently had some electrical problems. The electrical system suddenly quit charging up the battery, so when the battery lost it's voltage the motor bogged out and died. I bought a new battery and that worked till the battery died. I then had the stator replaced and that did not solve the problem. Had the bike checked again and replaced the voltage regulator. That fixed the problem. It was sending +14 volts to the battery. :) I ran the bike for about 30 minutes that same day. All good. The next morning I ran the bike for about an hour, all good again. The about three hours later I got back on the bike to ride and took off just fine, and about a half mile from my house the bike began to backfire and bogg down intermitently. I headed back home and it would not keep an idle. It would drop rpms and die. I got it started every time but it kept bogging down and backfiring with very little power. :( An ideas what it might be? Appreciate any help. I sure missing riding.

Hello to all. I have a 2003 Roadking FLHRPI that my wife bought me for my 50th B-Day. It is classic black/white. I recently had some electrical problems. The electrical system suddenly quit charging up the battery, so when the battery lost it's voltage the motor bogged out and died. I bought a new battery and that worked till the battery died. I then had the stator replaced and that did not solve the problem. Had the bike checked again and replaced the voltage regulator. That fixed the problem. It was sending +14 volts to the battery. :) I ran the bike for about 30 minutes that same day. All good. The next morning I ran the bike for about an hour, all good again. The about three hours later I got back on the bike to ride and took off just fine, and about a half mile from my house the bike began to backfire and bogg down intermitently. I headed back home and it would not keep an idle. It would drop rpms and die. I got it started every time but it kept bogging down and backfiring with very little power. :( An ideas what it might be? Appreciate any help. I sure missing riding.

Harley Davidson Community have a look here first. Welcome to the Forum:s

Welcome from Louisiana! Post your questions in the correct area and the experienced people on here will be happy to help! Good Luck! :)

The best info on the web hands down. You will learn so much about your bike and never look any where else to find it. The people are great here! Welcome aboard and stay safe!:)

Thanks for your replys. I'll check the self-help and also make sure I post correctly. Glad to be on board.

Back