free website stats program rg headlight out of alinement | Harley Davidson Forums

rg headlight out of alinement

ironmark

took off the rg outer fairing & reinstalled & headlight are out of alinement & will not realine with adjustment screws , any help would be great .

Check the installation of the bulb itself in the reflector. If you don't get it in the socket just right so it sits plum in there, you'll never get it to align right.
It has to drop in the proper position/only position for it to work right.

If the bulb is installed correctly, usually you do not need to mess with alignment.

I never took the light bulbs out of the reflector , I took the outer fairing off to disconnect the throttle jumper wire so I could remove the throttle sensor & put it in the new handlebars .

Then check the position of the reflector in the housing that holds it in place under the ring. There's usually a tab that will allow it to be mounted properly only in one position. It may not be in that position which would throw the beam way off.

The 08 RG has 3 adjustment screws , top center , lower left & lower right , the adjustment screw are threaded into a green plastic tab that seats into the outer fairing , the lower left screw adjust the left light the lower right screw adjust the right light , the top center screw can only be adjusted with the outer fairing off & should not be adjusted according to the manual . After taking the outer off & reinstalling the left light shines to the left & will not pull right , the right light shines low & will not pull up & level with the left light . Both lights should be level to each other , that was the way they were before I took off the outer fairing . I took the outer off 3 times , all the tabs are seated correct & know matter what I do the right light will not raise up & level to the left light . FYI if the left screw is turned it will affect the right light & if the right screw is turned it will affect the left light . Every action has a oppisite reaction .

Back