free website stats program RevTech Tranny Seals? | Harley Davidson Forums

RevTech Tranny Seals?

willybob4332

I have a RevTech 6 Speed Tranny, developed a nasty leak. One of the seals don't know which, just going to swap them all. It only leaks bad when it is on the kickstand?... Question is does anyone know if the RevTech Trannys take the stock seals? Stealerships and Vendors are clueless.

I have a RevTech 6 Speed Tranny, developed a nasty leak. One of the seals don't know which, just going to swap them all. It only leaks bad when it is on the kickstand?... Question is does anyone know if the RevTech Trannys take the stock seals? Stealerships and Vendors are clueless.

Send a note to Bubbie.

But are you sure it is not just the vent line loading up and only leaking out when you park?

TQ

If it only has a leak when on the side stand i would be looking at the mainshaft oil seal and perhaps the main drive oil seal
easiest way to tell is try to get a finger on the front pulley if the oil is on the primary side it would be the mainshaft oil seal and if it is on the gearbox side then it would be the main drive oil seal
the oil will puddle a wee bit at the lowest point of the pulley if either of those seals have given way

Brian

RevTech Transmission Parts | JP Cycles
J P carries Rev Tech parts and have a tech help line, Welcome to the Forum:s

I had the same problem as you do, It was the mainshaft seal and I replaced it with a harley seal. No more leak

Back