free website stats program Rev Limiter | Harley Davidson Forums

Rev Limiter

farl

Can anyone tell me what the Rev Limiter is set at on a stock 2006 1200C Sportster? It seems like I hit it a lot, but it doesn't feel like the engine is straining that hard.

Thanks for the reply Hobbit. I did a search and got everything from 5200 to 7000. Will it do any harm to the engine if it occurs to much?
Thanks

so what do you think of screamin eagle pro ignition race tuner which makes timing and rev limit changes? good or bad idea? let me know before I spend 350 bucks!!!!

For what it’s worth; you’re spinning almost a 4 inch stroke there, with that thought in mind the more often you get up into the 6K rev areas the more stresses are placed on that engine. Sure, with some work you can rev a Sportster up around the 7,000 mark, but it does take it’s toll.

The higher RPM ranges creates lotsa friction and pressures as well as the stresses mentioned above, these all contribute to the early demise of an engine. The problem as I see it is that once modifications are made it is human nature to go there …often. I have to admit in the younger years, I went there too. But it was much cheaper back then to fix it.

Back