free website stats program repo nightmare | Harley Davidson Forums

repo nightmare

hdloco

I just recently bought a 2007 fxstb repo. Apparently the previous owner new the repo man was coming, and cut off all of the forward controls. I have replaced the switches, and temporarily connected the cut wires. The starter will turn over, but i cant get any fire. I can hear the fuel pump, and have between 9 and 10 volts at the power wire for the ignition coil. Any suggestions?

I just recently bought a 2007 fxstb repo. Apparently the previous owner new the repo man was coming, and cut off all of the forward controls. I have replaced the switches, and temporarily connected the cut wires. The starter will turn over, but i cant get any fire. I can hear the fuel pump, and have between 9 and 10 volts at the power wire for the ignition coil. Any suggestions?

Charge the battery. You may not have enough voltage for the ECU.

Do you have the FOBs for the security system?

TQ

You need 12.7V so it looks like you need to check the battrey connections and give the battery a full charge.

I just bought the battery. It's fully charged, and I put it on trickle charge every night. The battery has 12.64 volts. What are the FOB's?

I just bought the battery. It's fully charged, and I put it on trickle charge every night. The battery has 12.64 volts. What are the FOB's?
A small black 'remote' for the security system, a key FOB so to speak, similar to an automobile key FOB.

Oh, ok. There were no keys or FOB's with the bike.
Since it's a repo, you may want to confirm it doesn't have an alarm system. They have failed to get the FOBs from the previous owner.

Yes, if it cranks, then there's most likely no alarm/fob issue. Didn't see the previous posts stating it cranks; sorry. :small3d022:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back