free website stats program Replacing black switches to chrome | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacing black switches to chrome

Howdy folks,
I have an 01 Ultra that i am replacing the black stock switches to chrome. I started with the left side and took apart the housing as the directions showed. I replaced the horn rocker and the hi/lo beam rocker with no trouble. I then tried replacing the left turn signal rocker. I can get the rocker on the switch but something isn't right with the spring. When I push the rocker it doesn't have the smooth action as it did before I disassembled it. I can't find a diagram showing how the spring is suppose to fit in the rocker. It also isn't making the switch to turn the signal on and off. Any help is much appreciated.

I tried to find something more definitive too. Pete has the best illustration I could find. Nothing really exists to show the spring position that I could find.

Thanks bro's. It's amazing what a good nights sleep will do for the brain. Went back into the shop after yesterday morning and was able figure it out right away. Got the left side completed and back together then went to the right side and it was a bit more complex with the brake switch and throttle cables but got it knocked out too. Thanks again for the help!

Well I'm glad you figured it out. I know I'm a day late & a $ short, but. Here is a pic for future use. Maybe someone else may need it. I don't know how to put it the pic in Self Help section but maybe one of the Mods. can.
tourbox

Attachments

• turn signal switch.jpg
    turn signal switch.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 102
Well I'm glad you figured it out. I know I'm a day late & a $ short, but. Here is a pic for future use. Maybe someone else may need it. I don't know how to put it the pic in Self Help section but maybe one of the Mods. can.
tourbox

Looks like Jack already put it in Self Help for future use!:ap

Back