free website stats program replacing Antenna am/fm side stuck | Harley Davidson Forums

replacing Antenna am/fm side stuck

pjciii

i just bought the shortys to replace the whips. CB side went on just fine. when i tried to unscrew the am/fm side its like it has been put on with locktite. any suggestions on how to bust it loose. have not taken out the tour pack liner so i dont know if i can get a wrench on the lower half..thanks for the replys in advance.
patrick

There's an allen head set screw below the spring that you need to loosen. I thought the cb side also had one, but ?

thanks breeze
maybe it was loose on the cb side or not at all. it just screwed right out..i will take a look when i get home
patrick

i was actually trying to get them on quick before the OL found out i spent more money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily my wife wouldn't know what's new/old/stock on my bike (doesn't look at it), but she does see the checkbook + CC statement...:small3d031:

The new ones don't have set screws. My antenna did the same and I finally had to put vice grips on it to move it. Damaged the rubber base cover but I replaced it. Part # 74414-93. About $1.25 each.

Back