free website stats program Replacement of brake pad on FLHTCU 2008 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement of brake pad on FLHTCU 2008

granpa

Hello,
Is there anybody so kind to give explanations to me for changing by myself brake pad front X2) and rear. O better to scan the pages of the manual on this item.
Thanks in advance

Granpa

I have an 08 Ultra and just changed my pads from stock to Lyndall Gold Z plus.

Very simple to do, the manual actually makes it look harder than it is and less than an hr to do

One thing different on the brakes that the manual shows is the V style clip in the caliper for the pad pin, its actually a wire type clip that slips right over the groove in the pad pin to keep it from coming out. Just lift it up with your fingers.

Motorcycle Metal has an excellent "how to" write up on Brembo brakes on it's web site in the DIY section

the hardest thimg is to fine a 10mm 12pt socket to remove the pad pins. I had to order it from SEARS, Harley does not sell them.
Becareful not to get the brake fluid on your painted areas, when ya move the pistons back in thier bore the fluid will push back into the reservoir,so remove some fluid from the reservoir first. when installing the pads install the one close's to ya first, install the pin push in just enough to hold the first pin then install the second pad and push the pins in all the way.

On my '03 WG I replaced the rear pads without removing the caliper easy as pie. The fronts were nearly as easy.

Lyndall 'Z' pads.........only way to stop.....

Back