free website stats program Replace cables on beach bars? | Harley Davidson Forums

Replace cables on beach bars?

Cambo

I am considering replacing my buck bars with some burly beach 1 1/4. I really like the look of them. Does anyone know if I would need to replace the clutch or brake cables with these bars? I believe that my current cables are stock.

The Burly beach bars that I want have the following specs:

Height: 2.875"

Width: 38.5”

Pull Back: 15.75”

Center Width: 9.5"

Tube Dia: 1.25”

Bars are 1" dia at the grips
and clamp areas.

Thanks, Cambo

Cambo, the real question is the "delta" or change between the stockers and the new bars...generally if the difference is more than a couple inches up or back you will need wiring extensions (4" and 8" lengths are common) and cables/hoses by about the same. JP Cycles has the handlebar wiring extensions...

Cambo -great to see someone that rides an older lady like me!

I had the beach bars on mine and still have them, they look nice fitted.
I had mine replaced for transport reasons- trailoring- too wide with another ride on same trailor, but never the less.

My cables etc are longer than standard, I cept them like that as I might put those "beachies" back!

Guys, thanks for the great info.. spurred more food for thought -- I am now undecided on bikini narrow"er" beachers or very wide.. then the question is to go with burly 1.25 or standard 1". I guess I have some measuring to do to see if the stock cables will work.. never even thought about the brake hose, good grief. I do like the thought of having a very "clean" look of wiring hidden through bars.

I had the same bars you have and replaced them with beach bars. I was able to run my wires inside the bars and in my case I did not have to add to the wiring or do any cable changing. The bars I put on are 1". Have an end rise of 5", 13" pullback and are 36" wide.

I just replaced the stock buckhorns on my Heritage Springer with the Chubby 1 1/4" beach bars. The best improvement I have made on the bike so far! I did have to add about 8 inches to the turn signal wires but everything else was fine. I finished the job on a Wednesday and went on a 1500 mile ride on that Friday. What a difference in the ride and look. I get complements on her all the time.:bigsmiley24:

I have been putting this off but it sounds like I am going to have to do it. Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate your comments/experiences.

Back