free website stats program repairing minor scratch marks on windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

repairing minor scratch marks on windshield

hdrocks

I've got a couple of small scratch marks on my harley windshield. Does anyone have good results with any products? Are there any products that minimize scratch marks in the future? I use Pledge at the moment to clean. Thanks.

No repairing of scratches. There's a hard coating on the shields and any attempt to remove a scratch will rub through the coating and it will kook worse. You can get just a replacement glass for the windshield from HD that uses your existing brackets. There are aftermarket units available too but the quality isn't the same as the HD ones.

I have used that Novus #2 polish on scratches. It doesn't remove/repair the scratch but it makes is less noticeable. I have used it on helmet shields as well with good results.

No repairing of scratches. There's a hard coating on the shields and any attempt to remove a scratch will rub through the coating and it will kook worse. You can get just a replacement glass for the windshield from HD that uses your existing brackets. There are aftermarket units available too but the quality isn't the same as the HD ones.

thanks. these are minor ones near the edge so i will just leave them alone.

I have used that Novus #2 polish on scratches. It doesn't remove/repair the scratch but it makes is less noticeable. I have used it on helmet shields as well with good results.

thanks. I also saw it in the harley catalog and was wondering about it.

Another vote for the Novus products, they really work well.

thanks. btw, do you know if it will also do some protection on your windshield if it's hit by small pebbles or something when you ride?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a polish, no protective qualities. I use the Novus #1 after washing the shield, it makes it shine like Pledge (sorry Glider) and the bugs don't stick quite as bad.

Nope, no protection from things hitting the shield. You can go to the Novus web site and read all about their products.

I use the cleaner the dealer sells. Novis I think. The #1 is a basic cleaner, #2 is for light scratches and #3 is for deep scratces.

Back