free website stats program Removing right front rotor | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing right front rotor

longslide10

I'm sure a lot of you have removed the right, front brake rotor to show off your custom wheels.

My question is, do any of you regret it?

Did it make a noticable difference in your braking ability?

Possible he is referring to removing only ONE rotor from the front?

Not a good move on a heavy bike. It may be the difference between stopping in time and not stopping in time.

Possible he is referring to removing only ONE rotor from the front?

Yep your correct. I misunderstood. For a minute I remembered seeing an episode of American Chopper where they were finishing the bike and they could not mount the front caliper so they left the bike with only the rear brake. They delivered the bike that way. I guess it was only a Theme show bike.

I'm sure a lot of you have removed the right, front brake rotor to show off your custom wheels.

My question is, do any of you regret it?

Did it make a noticable difference in your braking ability?

Not only have I not removed the front right rotor, I have thought about adding a right front to my FLSTC for the added stopping power. If you want to show off that custom wheel check out the 360 brake, it's a small unit that lookes like an extension of the hub.:cheers

A friend took his right rotor off of his bike for a while, and he regretted it, he said his stopping power on the front end decreased to much for his liking. So back on they went, especially the way people drive today, on the phone and texting, if I need to stop I want to stop.

Back